https://www.facebook.com/ManuelaOliveiraMusicPage

Her first "official" music video..

[video=youtube;OsONYFrbQ58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsONYFrbQ58[/video]

Manuela & ex-BF Yannus together..

[video=youtube;2OlHkk9oh4w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OlHkk9oh4w[/video]

Last edited:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who is Bryan Seymour and who is the gal that they are trying to get out? Never heard of either one. They don't mention her name in the trailer.

This subforum that we are in now has 3 pages of Today Tonight shows that Bryan has done. Most every thread would have the Youtube copy of the segment on Scn. Have a look. Bryan is a master at packing huge amount of data into a short segment that is the format of the show.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Next thing, you'll be saying you don't know who our Prime Minister is...!:melodramatic:

David Cameron?

Just kidding.... Actually I don't know whatever happened between that female PM and the guy who was PM before her, but I heard there was some dust up with the female being possibly disgraced. Only noticed because I pay attention to women in politics, but I obviously lost interest before the dust settled. :duh:

Edit: In my defense, I know who Nick Xenophon is and that our very own Degraded Being uses Xenophon's head shot as his avatar. So there! :biggrin:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
That was 15 mins of full-on exposure. Disconnection, lies, and the critics telling it like it is. Thanks Bryan and Tony and all the others! :clap:

It's a joint venture with Tony Ortega. http://tonyortega.org/

SCIENTOLOGY’S PRIVATE DANCER: A Story of Seduction, Intervention, and Betrayal
In March, the Oliveira family sent Manuela’s brother, Mark, from Sydney to Los Angeles to meet with Yannus to investigate what had happened. The two of them conspired to lure Manuela out of Scientology’s Los Angeles headquarters, and bring her to a meeting at a private home, where several well-known Ex-Scientologists were waiting for her. It was an intervention of a Sea Org member, a rare and emotional event that pitted a conditioned, robotic young woman against her brother, her boyfriend, and several people who were doing their best to talk sense into her.

And we were there.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great report! Well done to all concerned! :thumbsup:

My sentiments too - Bryan once again shows the batshit crazy side of the cult in all its demented technicolour like no-one else can. My son watched this constantly shaking his head about the cult - he's 13 and he can see just how insane it all is.:yes:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Last edited:

iHateDuplicity

Patron with Honors
I'm wondering what sort of effects there will be now that this news story has run so prominently. Unfortunately, they didn't get through to her in the intervention, which was truly a valiant effort on their part. Cof$ obviously hit Manuela with the fame and status buttons and convinced her she'd be able to really help people. Too bad Manuela didn't look beyond the PR bullsh!t and see the actual shrinking statistics of that pathetic organization.

They'll definitely keep Manuela under lock and key on the base so there are no more incidents of "harassment" on her poor, fragile comm lines. She is probably full-time on the PTS/SP Course so she can learn how to handle "all that attempted suppression on her lines" while at the same time is getting sec checked to find out what crimes she has committed to "pull in" such bad PR for the Church. Just another sad story of someone with blinders on running full speed off the cliff. She'll either wake up and take the blinders off and get the hell out of there, or she'll continue headstrong into nowhere and ruin the rest of her life.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Didn't know Australia had SYTYCD. My favorite show. Wish they would come out with DVD's, but for some reason. Would love to see the versions from other countries.

My fave show too Bardo!!! Here in Oz they only had a few seasons but we still get the US version each year, watching season 10 at the moment. The good news is that Oz has just started advertising for people to audition for another season, it's been a few years since the last one, I can't wait. :happydance:

I have to admit I don't remember seeing Manuela or her friend on the Oz version and I watched it religiously. :confused2:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

Please everyone go to the TT link that Emma as posted above to watch the video. (This keeps Bryan's stats up)

If this video is not accessible from overseas or if it disappears with age, Zhent has done a rip off their site and the segment can be seen here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0s7pp0YrDI

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tony's Blog is so rich in wonderfully caring people and their insights are remarkable such as this one. Thank you Tony and all your bloggers.

kickingit101 • 3 hours ago −
This story breaks my heart. The most important part about performing an intervention is at first you have to establish and reaffirm that you love and care about the person dearly. You have to remind them of happy times together. That way they start to think about those memories. You can not open up with the hard sell right out the gate. This type of intervention is not the same as an intervention from someone who is on drugs. The first mistake was having strangers she did not know be the ones to talk to her at the beginning of the intervention. Also you have to show them towards the middle another avenue, it sounds more like they went in telling her how horrible the church was, how horrible people have been treated instead of personalizing it to her experiences and then building from there. She was immediately put on the defensive and shut down internally. Sorry I do not mean to go into a tutorial on how to do an intervention. These are just a few of the things that came to mind as I was reading the story and watching the video from the news story.

More at http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/02/ma...eduction-intervention-and-betrayal/#more-9648

I can really feel Yannus's pain. I so hope Manuela very soon, sees how she has become a pawn in a destructive game where the King and Queen have no clothes. The collateral damage is huge.

And were is the Attorney General of California these days. Or did he fail his bar exam or acquire alzheimzers disease.?
Guantanamo Bay detention camp right there in the Middle of Los Angles county!! Scientology's version of Human Rights.!!The local police should be ashamed and the city council be sued for complicity.

“In the morning we got fried eggs. No vegetables. Or we got scrambled eggs, but no fruit. There was granola, but it was the junk food kind. Some milk,” she said. “We were in prison. We weren’t allowed to talk to Sea Org members. The EPF stayed with EPF. We were told to smile, call them sir, and stay out of their way.

“At lunch it was crappy hamburgers, the patties were dry. And bad hot dogs. There was very rarely any fruit. Or they gave us crappy tacos. I’d get the runs or I was constipated. It would give me a tummy ache,” she said.

“I usually went to the canteen” — where some items could be purchased — “and I was surviving on almond butter and fruit. For dinner it was beans and rice. Refried beans and brown rice. Almost every fucking day. On Wednesday, we’d get a pot roast or something.”

Iliana’s account was very different than Manuela’s.

She said there were many other reasons to be concerned about conditions in the EPF and the Sea Org at the Los Angeles headquarters. The work schedule was brutal, and went from 7:40 in the morning until lights out at 11:30 pm. They lacked sleep and were dehydrated, and Iliana says one older woman fell and broke a knee during the hard work.

“We had no time to drink water. We didn’t have time to go to the bathroom. The food was not nutritional. We were outside in the sun, working in a yard, cleaning off bird shit. It wasn’t like the happy place they had told us about,” Iliana says. “They show you these videos of setting a good example, helping the homeless, and other things. And yet I didn’t see them doing that. They told me to lie to my mom. They told me, ‘Tell her that you’re having a good time here and that we’re feeding you well.’”

But after her mother visited, they were told to write up reports about everything their mother had said.
“I didn’t know it was going to be like that. They make all these promises and never accomplish it,” Iliana says. “I tried running away but got caught. They told me if I wanted to leave I needed to sign some forms and it would take about two weeks. I thought, oh my gosh.”

When we called Beatriz for the first time a few days later, Iliana had come home. Veronica, the older daughter, still refused to leave the base, saying that she was happy where she was.

They told us to lie to you,” Iliana told her mother after she came home.

I am so glad both Iliana and Veronica are out. Superwonderful Beatiz.

I will definitely vote NO on the California proposition 8008-8 (infinity of scientology lies amd mind control should be reduced to zero so California citizens can have infinite freedom from scientology re-education prisons)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I saw both, and while so saddened by what is going on with this woman and her relationships, I could not help but respond to Tony's article with this comment:
Mary_McConnell

That intervention had all the best of intentions but the onslaught of critical information in one meeting could but only backfire. Way too much information, unreal information, all at once. These sincere people should take a cue from people experienced in helping loved ones not only get out but become free of the mindset. Apparently no one bothered to ask her if she saw anything wrong ( when we know she had to! )
See step 1, below, from Arnie Lerma's 8 Steps out of Scientology Now renamed TEN Steps out of Scientology

"I was in the cult and on staff for 10 years... here are the stages I have seen... as one exits the 'Hubbardian' mind control program....

1) There is something wrong here, if this is so great, then why is (______) going on? [ insert whatever atrocity you have recently witnessed ]
Visit http://www.lermanet.com/cos/8s...
http://tonyortega.org/2013/09/02/ma...intervention-and-betrayal/#comment-1026300359

This iss very real to me and has helped me help others...

Someone replied asking for internet resources...

Is there, somewhere on the internet, something like a self-help guide for cult interventions? The description Tony gives of the one they tried to run on Manuela is just...painful. So much trouble went into getting it together, people flew across the dateline for it, and then the intervention itself reads like a list of what not to do (no offense! I really don't mean to sound judgmental, and I know these folks tried and I honor them for doing it and not just abandoning their loved one. I just wish they'd chosen a method that was more likely to have worked).

I know Steven Hassan has helped people get out...

Releasing the Bonds – a talk by Steve Hassan
October 20, 2010
tags: Cult, Leaving Scientology, Scientology, Steven Hassan

Here’s a fascinating talk by Steve Hassan, given two days ago at the New York Ethical Culture Society. It’s about 40 minutes, well worth the time. He mentions Scientology a few times. Especially interesting for us is his advice on how to talk to someone who is in a cultic situation. He advises against directly attacking them or making them wrong, but instead offering them love and friendship and understanding, listening to them, asking them questions. He repeatedly refers to his BITE model, which is on his website here. He offers this as a way to see if a group is a cult, and it makes for interesting reading and analysis.......
[video=vimeo;15963095]http://vimeo.com/15963095[/video]
http://leavingscientology.wordpress.com/2010/10/20/releasing-the-bonds-a-talk-by-steve-hassan/

I know there are other things people have done to successfully get people to think and open their eyes.. we probably have 10 or more threads here on the subject with suggestions for others tryng to get loved ones out. Can someone point out some of the more successful tips?