Not open for further replies.

Veda

Sponsor
Two other videos of this person from another thread:

From the above video:

Q: "Tell us about Ron."

A: "He was an Operating Thetan...

"He used the correct amount of force to create a certain effect."

Below are excerpts from the Russell Miller interview of David Mayo from August 1986:

"He [L Ron Hubbard] could be capable of incredible cruelty. On the ship there was an old man on the Royal Scotman who he made push a peanut round the decks with his nose. He had to get down on his hands and knees, he had to go round the deck, quite a long distance in a race with one or two others also in trouble. The first one back got let off and the last one got a double penalty.

"It was really tough on this old guy, Charlie Reisdorf. The surface of the deck was very rough wood, prone to splinter, so after pushing peanuts with their noses, they all had raw, bleeding noses, leaving a trail of blood behind them. I not only saw it but the entire crew of the ship was mustered - a mandatory attendance - we were required to watch this punishment, to make an example of it for the rest of us. Reisdorf was in his late 50s probably. His two daughters were messengers, they were 11 or 12 at time and his wife was there also.

"It was hard to say which was worse to watch: this old guy with a bleeding nose or his wife and kids sobbing and crying at being forced to watch this. Hubbard was standing there calling the shots, yelling, "Faster, Faster!". It was indignity, degradation and breaking a person's will, and making people watch. It was disgusting."

And, from the same interview:

"They used to have people locked in the chain locker, including small children. It was very dangerous because if the anchor started to slip and started running out, it would probably turn a body into a pulp in no time at all...

"He [LRH] had a birthday party on March 13, 1968; there was a woman who he ordered locked in the chain locker. During the party he had brought her out. She was filthy, covered with dirt and rust, and had not been allowed to wash or change cloths - she had been in there for a week... it was flaunting her degradation...

"Why did people stand by?...

"From time to time, Hubbard would cancel such activities like the chain locker, and blame it on someone else... He would start such pronouncements with, 'It has just come to my attention...'

"The length of time for children would vary, but no one was less than a day...

"Reisdorf [peanut pushing] affair - if someone tried to do something, it would have made it worse. Hubbard said that maritime law prevailed... He said that under maritime law, he had total power over everyone on the vessel..."

And,

"What worried me was that I saw some things he did and statements he made that showed his intentions were different from what they appeared to be...

"He told me he was obsessed with an insatiable lust for power and money. He said it very emphatically. He thought it wasn't possible to get enough. He didn't say it as if it was a fault, just his frustration that he couldn't get enough."

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think Candy is the typical examle of an 'old timer' who has used her past in $cn to her own personal and financial advantage. The fact that she was on the Appollo worked with Hubbard and was the 'first person to do expanded OT3' and all these matters is a fabulous CV when 'in' the cult.
Notice she is very good at name dropping.
This is how $cn works.
You get yourself up to the OT levels, then use this to make money and a comfortable lifestyle for yourself, and it is good for business to have rubbed shoulders with the people she mentions.
So, infact she made it into this 'Elite' group and started up her own thing with the celebrities, as she clearly describes.
That's how it works, as you then start making money off these people that look up to you with your wonderful past and obvious OT abilities, which are sort of proven, as you have made it and are making money etc.

The anecdotes and stories then become like the tales Hubbard would tell his slaves on the ship.
She has obvioulsy told these stories before, and of course it's not fitting that she recognised Hubbarad to be abusive or mean, no that wouldn't look so good for her would it.
So, as it is with old tales, you just remember the good bits.

I'm sure she is a lovely person, bubbly and does not look her age at all.
But in a way it is people like her that commit the crime of not telling of the bad things they saw and the adverse effects of the 'tech'.
There are quite a few of this type about, who just choose to remember the good old days.:yes:

How very astute of you,exseaorguk.

Thanks for posting this video oral history project!

I wish all of the "old timers", whoever and wherever they are would be interviewed on tape, and just be allowed to to ramble on, tell their stories in their own ways, and talk about whatever they want to say about their experiences with COS and the "good old days". I think it would reveal a lot that we could learn from and use to free others from the cult.

I'd just like to add that Candy is a member here...who posts under the nickname PurpleHaze, :D for anyone who would like to get in touch with her directly, or ask her questions about her time on the Apollo or at Celebrity Centre, etc.. or just say "Aloha" to her! :flowers: She is also on Facebook as herself.

Candy survived her own Scientology experience and went on to thrive in real life as a professional social worker. She has spent her whole working life helping people with their problems, using a wide variety of skills, tools and methodologies far beyond what she learned in Scientology.

She is a very lovely and compassionate woman who loves to dance her way through life... :dance2:
I am very glad I know her! :happydance:

Sharone Stainforth

I wish all of the "old timers", whoever and wherever they are would be interviewed on tape, and just be allowed to to ramble on, tell their stories in their own ways, and talk about whatever they want to say about their experiences with COS and the "good old days". I think it would reveal a lot that we could learn from and use to free others from the cult.

I'd just like to add that Candy is a member here...who posts under the nickname PurpleHaze, :D for anyone who would like to get in touch with her directly, or ask her questions about her time on the Apollo or at Celebrity Centre, etc.. or just say "Aloha" to her! :flowers: She is also on Facebook as herself.

Candy survived her own Scientology experience and went on to thrive in real life as a professional social worker. She has spent her whole working life helping people with their problems, using a wide variety of skills, tools and methodologies far beyond what she learned in Scientology.

She is a very lovely and compassionate woman who loves to dance her way through life... :dance2:
I am very glad I know her! :happydance:

I am aware who Purple Haze is, we were introduced via pm in a most peculiar way.

Terril park

Sponsor
I think Candy is the typical examle of an 'old timer' who has used her past in $cn to her own personal and financial advantage. The fact that she was on the Appollo worked with Hubbard and was the 'first person to do expanded OT3' and all these matters is a fabulous CV when 'in' the cult.
Notice she is very good at name dropping.
This is how $cn works.
You get yourself up to the OT levels, then use this to make money and a comfortable lifestyle for yourself, and it is good for business to have rubbed shoulders with the people she mentions.
So, infact she made it into this 'Elite' group and started up her own thing with the celebrities, as she clearly describes.
That's how it works, as you then start making money off these people that look up to you with your wonderful past and obvious OT abilities, which are sort of proven, as you have made it and are making money etc.

The anecdotes and stories then become like the tales Hubbard would tell his slaves on the ship.
She has obvioulsy told these stories before, and of course it's not fitting that she recognised Hubbarad to be abusive or mean, no that wouldn't look so good for her would it.
So, as it is with old tales, you just remember the good bits.

I'm sure she is a lovely person, bubbly and does not look her age at all.
But in a way it is people like her that commit the crime of not telling of the bad things they saw and the adverse effects of the 'tech'.
There are quite a few of this type about, who just choose to remember the good old days.:yes:

Candy is a very good friend, and posts here as " Purple Haze".

It would be surprising if she didn't name drop. She's been around a long time and known lots of people. I can't currently access U tube or other videos,
but will go and listen in a Internet cafe. In particular she was the first, or one of the first auditors in Yvonne Gilhems founding Celebrity center.

Its complete bullshit that she uses her past in scn for financial purposes.

Now one gets rich as an FZ auditor. Most of her life ex scn she made a living not related to scn. She may have earned extra pocket money as a sideline with scn.

Candy typical? Lol! You know any other smart class VIII dumb Blondes?

Sharone Stainforth

Candy is a very good friend, and posts here as " Purple Haze".

It would be surprising if she didn't name drop. She's been around a long time and known lots of people. I can't currently access U tube or other videos,
but will go and listen in a Internet cafe. In particular she was the first, or one of the first auditors in Yvonne Gilhems founding Celebrity center.

Its complete bullshit that she uses her past in scn for financial purposes.

Now one gets rich as an FZ auditor. Most of her life ex scn she made a living not related to scn. She may have earned extra pocket money as a sideline with scn.

Candy typical? Lol! You know any other smart class VIII dumb Blondes?

Well, it's of no surprise to me Terril, that Candy is a friend of yours.

I know what you're game is,and it has lost all impetus. There is one thing my files failed to register, and that IS 'I don't play games'. Never have done, and never will do.

Too long to watch for me but I was trying to see if she thought he was a good guy or a nut job or both. I was only able to watch 4 minutes she sounded like she thought he was wonderful. Or does she get into the depravity and the punishment later? Just curious.
Why do you assume it must be one or the other?

Mark A. Baker :eyeroll:

Veda

Sponsor
Too long to watch for me but I was trying to see if she thought he was a good guy or a nut job or both. I was only able to watch 4 minutes she sounded like she thought he was wonderful. Or does she get into the depravity and the punishment later? Just curious.

Q: "Tell us about Ron."

A: "He was an Operating Thetan...

"He used the correct amount of force to create a certain effect."

It may have seemed like depravity and punishment to beings at lower awareness levels but, in fact, Ron was helping everyone to become a better person. Ron knew exactly what he was doing and was completely causative. He was an Operating Thetan! :happydance:

purple haze

Patron with Honors
18 year old!

:whistling:

18 yr olds are generally very impressionable.

Thank you for the compliment AnonyMary, but I am nearly 65. :happydance:

I still feel the freedom and power of being 18, but it was the year before I made contact with the subject. I must say in all honesty, [you can verify this with my ex husband Ira Chaleff if you like] that at 19 I didn't see any usefulness for the Scientology Org he took me to in NYC.:grouch: I was a free spirit and drug free. :confused2:As I recall, we were marching for peace and attended love-ins in Central Park. I got on staff at NY Org :thumbsup:as I couldn't face job hunting in NYC.:melodramatic:

I had been involved with one of the originators of the concept of Flower Power in Santa Monica, a year earlier when I was attending college, daily seeing Jim Morrison, Linda Ronstadt and our exciting group living near the beach. While I wore a hibiscus behind my ear every day, to take me home to my roots in Hawaii, I had a scientific mind and was more of a nerd. :omg:

Lucky for me that I ran into Ira up in the San Francisco area when I went up there to do drugs at 19. :p Ira had done the Communication Course and was getting some space while considering to commit to studying the subject of Scientology. I was just a tag along, and flourished once he finally got me to get over my obstinacy and do the Comm Course. Who doesn't win while on that course?:whistling:

To end with, I am still as "impressionable" at 64 as I was at 18. :yes: LOL

Aloha, Purple Haze

purple haze

Patron with Honors
gratitude

Dear Sharone,
Thank you for posting the videos here in the FREE FOR ALL ZONE. I love to be made aware of differing opinions, and can always learn from my critics.:coolwink:

My major purpose of doing these videos was to see if I could get even the tiniest bit comfortable in front of a camera.:omg:

So, these initial videos are off the top of my head, which I was trying to locate during the filming, having all my attention on Gary Hart's drowsiness [:yes:from having listened to me all day the day before as I drove us up North = flow went solid on him. So SORRY Gary, it's your ability to fully listen that just draws it out of me.:eyeroll:]

Also, I had a lot of attention on the beautiful Russian camera person, Tatiana, and slowed my speech down to make certain she could fully understand what I was saying. After getting to know her those 3 days, I will no longer video tape so slowly in the future.:yes:

As for the perfectionists out there viewing these: tough titty! :dieslaughing:
I am the least perfect person on the planet, and basically, create myself as I go along.:yes:

I hope these things are enjoyable and folks have a good laugh. I am well aware that serious breeds mass, and will try to add some jokes in the future.:happydance:

My area of excellence is free form dance. Wish I could be giving these talks while moving, but it ain't possible! LOL

Aloha, Candy

freethinker

Sponsor
Candy sneaks off the ship with Alan to have sex and then sneaks back on but takes Full Responsability for it but doesn't tell Ron.

What's the definition of Full Responsability?

Question: How much time do Scientologists spend out of PT that they have to be brought back to it so much?

Sharone Stainforth

Dear Sharone,
Thank you for posting the videos here in the FREE FOR ALL ZONE. I love to be made aware of differing opinions, and can always learn from my critics.:coolwink:

My major purpose of doing these videos was to see if I could get even the tiniest bit comfortable in front of a camera.:omg:

So, these initial videos are off the top of my head, which I was trying to locate during the filming, having all my attention on Gary Hart's drowsiness [:yes:from having listened to me all day the day before as I drove us up North = flow went solid on him. So SORRY Gary, it's your ability to fully listen that just draws it out of me.:eyeroll:]

Also, I had a lot of attention on the beautiful Russian camera person, Tatiana, and slowed my speech down to make certain she could fully understand what I was saying. After getting to know her those 3 days, I will no longer video tape so slowly in the future.:yes:

As for the perfectionists out there viewing these: tough titty! :dieslaughing:
I am the least perfect person on the planet, and basically, create myself as I go along.:yes:

I hope these things are enjoyable and folks have a good laugh. I am well aware that serious breeds mass, and will try to add some jokes in the future.:happydance:

My area of excellence is free form dance. Wish I could be giving these talks while moving, but it ain't possible! LOL

Aloha, Candy

Hello Candy,
I am glad you did the videos, I found them very informative from many perspectives.

I'd like to know what you think would have happened to you, if you had been caught sneaking on and off the ship?

What do you mean by "serious breeds mass", I know what I think you mean, but I think it would be good if you explained, for those that don't.

Being in front of a camera is not something I like very much myself, so I can understand what you mean, however I think your videos were very illuminating. I wonder why you didn't want to go into the details of OT3?

Whenever you get around to it it would be good if you made some more videos and enlightened us some more on recollections of Hubbard.

Best,
Sharone

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Thank you for the compliment AnonyMary, but I am nearly 65. :happydance:

I still feel the freedom and power of being 18, but it was the year before I made contact with the subject. I must say in all honesty, [you can verify this with my ex husband Ira Chaleff if you like] that at 19 I didn't see any usefulness for the Scientology Org he took me to in NYC.:grouch: I was a free spirit and drug free. :confused2:As I recall, we were marching for peace and attended love-ins in Central Park. I got on staff at NY Org :thumbsup:as I couldn't face job hunting in NYC.:melodramatic:

I had been involved with one of the originators of the concept of Flower Power in Santa Monica, a year earlier when I was attending college, daily seeing Jim Morrison, Linda Ronstadt and our exciting group living near the beach. While I wore a hibiscus behind my ear every day, to take me home to my roots in Hawaii, I had a scientific mind and was more of a nerd. :omg:

Lucky for me that I ran into Ira up in the San Francisco area when I went up there to do drugs at 19. :p Ira had done the Communication Course and was getting some space while considering to commit to studying the subject of Scientology. I was just a tag along, and flourished once he finally got me to get over my obstinacy and do the Comm Course. Who doesn't win while on that course?:whistling:

To end with, I am still as "impressionable" at 64 as I was at 18. :yes: LOL

Aloha, Purple Haze

:)

purple haze

Patron with Honors
better than sex

Candy sneaks off the ship with Alan to have sex and then sneaks back on but takes Full Responsability for it but doesn't tell Ron.

What's the definition of Full Responsability?

Question: How much time do Scientologists spend out of PT that they have to be brought back to it so much?

it's called PAN DETERMINED RESPONSIBILITY, my friend. LOL :yes: Why would I tell Ron? :confused2: It was not his dynamic, but mine and Alan's 2D, separate from the enturbulated 3D on board the ship.:omg:

I guess you had to be there to fully grok it. :coolwink:

As to your question, who are you calling a Scientologist? :angry:

They don't have a monopoly on truth or present time, do they?

Yikes, if that were true, we'd all be in BIG TROUBLE out here in the real world! :duh:

Break free from the Scn cocoon, and set yourself free. :happydance:

aloha, purple haze

purple haze

Patron with Honors
Scilon?

Scilon Dissemination 101.

Far from dissemination videos, Infinite, I never agreed to the game of Scn, or would I ever agree to be labeled as such, and these videos would be my effort at telling my own personal free spirit stories while within Ron's Game, just to express another point of view from what passes for ex Scientologists. I'm not on the fence, but prefer to hold all points of view and check it all out, before I make my own determination of a subject. :happydance:.

Since I spent 8 years at University, I know fair well what you mean by 101. :duh:

Veda

Sponsor

-snip-

separate from the enturbulated 3D on board the ship.:omg:

-snip-

Request for clarification:

If "Ron was an Operating Thetan," and "he used the correct amount of force to create a certain effect," why was the ship enturbulated?

Status
Not open for further replies.