What's new

Hello From Oregon

Sarah

Hi everyone My name is Sarah.
I was a Scientologist through my ex-husband William. It was really crazy how I got into Scientology. William had a thing against it from his father years ago because of the religion part of it. But some freinds of his and mine at the time were big time Scientologist's and got my ex into it. I was a bit wary of it from the beginning mainy because there is no beliving of GOD or Jesus.

William later on got into it just as much as our friends were. William and I were having communication problems and our marriage was going south, our friends told us about some communication courses the Melrose Mission had to offer and I decided to give it a try only because of our marriage was at stake. Then after that course they got me to sign up for another course on how to use a dictionary, then grammar and communication and on and on.. I eventually got more in to it just as my ex was. It was goin pretty good. I was feeling more confident and our marriage was getting better.

Until one day I finished all the $25 courses and they wanted me to keep on going, things were going so well that I decided I wanted to join the mission and work for them. The Reg John Jones miscommunitcated to me about the contract and dedication they require of someone. I couldn't be there for them full time I was only avaliable to work there part time because I had a job that I needed for the income. I had thought that I could work for the mission after my job at the salon or on my days off. Nope they expeced me to quit my job and my life all together and dedicate my whole life to them. Not knowing that I signed the contract then didn't do what they wanted of me so I left I didn't want to continue.

They also kept getting at me when I got paid and when I would sign up for another course. I was always pressured. I hated that. I had debts to pay, credit cards that were in collections and had been dilenquent for several years because of my ex needing me to pay the rent and all the bills because his buisness wasn't making him any money to help support us. I explained to the mission I had to pay others off, but they kept telling me that I still need to keep up on their courses and the money will come to me... WTF they belived in that positive thinking like that Abraham Hicks, that's crap too! The only one I wanted to belive in was Jesus and God.

Things got so crazy that I ended up falling for their way only because of William making me if I refused to go he would make things hard on me, he wouldn't buy me

I wanted to go to Vidal Sassoon to get my cosmetology license. My ex said he wouldn't support me in that decision and the only schooling he'd pay for was Scientology. He became addicted! Eventually he cut me off from my income, took my debit cards and requested me to hand over my paychecks and he'd deposit them into our Joint Bank Account. I was an Assistant Manager at a Salon and made $2500 per month. He relied on my income for the courses. I later got fed up and told him I didn't love him anymore and wanted to leave. He didn't like that and we talked about marriage counceling, however the only counceling he'd agree to was the Scientology kind involving the Meter and to get off overts and withholds. That wasn't what I expected it to be. It just made things worse and I spent over $1000.00 for it. Also I didn't like how they expected so much out of you. They expected you to be there a minimum of 20 hours a week and they had a schedule that you had to sign promising you'd be there when you said you would... like it was an employment contract or something. Also they said we had to keep continuing the Auditing with the meter and pay for it until they felt we were done.
During the marriage auditing my ex said he was willing to work on our marriage and did love me and felt divorce wasn't an option. I had my doubs and felt I wanted a divorce. After it was all done and over William decided for the both of us that we do a trial seperation for 2 years. He wanted me to move out and him to move up to the mountains in Wrightwood to work on his Virtual Snow business with Dan and Bob who are part owners. He said that I was pulling him down and we wouldn't survive at the rate we were going so he wanted to seperate and expected me to live 2 years with out a husband a lover and a companion. That wasn't going to fly with me, he also refuesed to have verbal contact with me, I wasn't to call him email him or anything for those two years. No, I was not comfortable with this! He became extreemly selfish, and had no emotions at all for me.
I ended up moving in with his Aunt and Uncle and the day I moved he helped me move my stuff I tripped over a curb and fell and sprained my ankle and scrapped my knees and elbows, he didn't even flinch or help me up or anything. Scientology made him this way, he became a cold heartless bastard!

I became an ex-scientologist because of what it did to my marriage and mostly because the mission tried to teach me that there is no Jesus and the birth of Jesus we are supposed to belive that on faith, they told me it was physically imposible for a woman to get pragnet without a man. HA! That's the power of GOD he can do that! Scientology books are crap! The BIBLE is the only book I read and belive in!

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
:welcome: to ESMB Sarah!

I am sorry to hear what Scn did to your marriage and life. It is just so typical of them, though. But I must say, your husband sounds like the sort you'll be better off without. My 2 cents....just file for divorce and get on with your life.

You will find many new friends here. Most of the people on this board have had experiences with Scn not unlike yours.

looker

Patron Meritorious
I'm glad you are out and I'm glad you are here. There are many ears to hear you and not judge as we all have our own story too. Can you please tell what courses you took and why. How did you find ESMB? How are you doing right now? We are here and we will listen. Say what you need to say.:)

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Welcome. Sorry to hear that scientology destroyed your marriage. Glad you got out. :thumbsup:

Mary

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Sarah

Hi & Welcome Sarah.

Stay and keep reading. There is comfort and understanding here.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome to the board Sarah. I hope that your new life in Oregon makes you happy. I know that it has really done a lot for me.

Bob

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Sarah! :wave: You are now among friends who know how typical your story is, sad to say. I hope you find encouragement and inspiration here.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
:welcome:

God and Jesus watched over me the whole time I was in.
When it was time to leave, God carved a path out the door for me and onto the path I have been following since.

Human Again

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi Sarah,

Sorry to hear you lost your marriage to the changes that Scn can bring about in people. It's awful when it happens but it's not unusual, and we understand how it hurts.

I hope it's not too long before you get your life back. It's sad your hubbie is lost to them, sometimes they take great people and turn them into selfish single minded workers and it seems like this happened for you.

Hope you find love agian really soon - and never ever go near that cancer-of-the-personality Scn again!
:yes:
natascha

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Welcome Sarah!
Seriously? He wanted you to separate with no contact for two years? And so mean-spirited. Run, don't walk, to the divorce lawyer!!

Scn. can't be perpetrated without mind-fucked scientologists!
So glad you got away! Welcome here! Life gets better now!!

Wisened One

Crusader
I'm so sorry to hear of what happened to your life and marriage, Sarah! Sad! :(

So glad you stood up on your own and decided to get out of there. Your husband and the Mission/Organization would've expected and demanded you keep doing more Courses, buy more books, go up their bridge, etc.etc.etc. Good thing YOU ended all that con and left! :yes:

And btw, just to let you know, there are several exes who are Christians here, so you're not alone! :) They'll be posting soon.

But :welcome: to ESMB! :hug:

Michelle

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Welcome Sarah and thanks for your story summary. Good thing you left scientology. It certainly wasn't "for' your marriage nor "for" your religion.

Bravo on getting out:happydance:

Mystic

Crusader
Hi Sarah! Come right on in. The more the merrier.

I'm in Oregon also, southern part, Rogue Valley.

auntpat

Patron with Honors
GOD BLESS YOU

Dear Sarah,

Welcome ! I am also a Christian. I left Co$ In 1973, before things got so crazy, and I know it was our Lord that helped me perceive what was beginning to happen. I was a Class 6 auditor and OT1, but I walked away without looking back.

As you read the stories of what happened to many wonderful people on ESMB you will thank God, as I do, that you got away.

Many of these people had to go through terrible times alone. You and I and others were never alone. The Lord was with us and He has led us to this place where there is wisdom and comfort. Things will only get better for you from now on.:yes:

Much Love,
Pat

Hi Sarah, welcome to ESMB. I think you'll find alot of people who can relate here. It can feel really good to vent about all the nonsense you've endured, and which most regular people cant quite understand.