What's new

Officially Out

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
your story

I just read your story from beginning to end, which must be a first time for me. Was like reading a good book.:happydance:
I wish a few people I know, who are still 'in' would take time to read such stories, as it sort of sums up what many of us have experienced.
It's funny what you said about David Mayo and his SP declare, as this was also one of the first outpoints I noticed, and yes, how come our Super OT Ron did not notice such people were 'SP's', it just does not make sense.
Now we can actually talk on such forums as these we understand that we were all having similar doubts, but I personally had no communication with other $cientologists for all those years until I discovered this site.
Now I am even meeting old $cn workmates on here, and we laugh a lot at our stupidity back then.

Oh yes, one thing I'd like to know if you are only out for about 1 year.
How did you preceive the worldwide protests going on that started out in Feb. 2008?
Maybe you can tell us from an inside viewpoint.

Thanks for sharing your story!
Wishing you much happiness with your new life

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Thanks for your story

Hi Robert, I just got through your story and enjoyed it very much. Thanks. It is always interesting to hear another area far away went through the same shit as ours.

As to Apple's question of how could you do it for so long, you kinda had to be there to understand it. I didn't put up with as much as most, but it went on for a long, long time.

M6

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Dear Robert,

Your story is so important and well written. The Class V Org experience, especially your evolution to the current one, is not written about as extensively or as often as the Sea Org stories but these are the bread and butter of the organization carried on the backs of so many hard working stressed out people.

The insanity that goes on in Cl V orgs is something many public are not aware of. The mental abuse that goes on, the constant emergencies that created and enforced upon staff at the expense of family and living a real life occur on a seemingly never ending basis. Trying to keep ones contract obligation and juggle life is the ordeal of ever staff member and no one is allowed to complain about it. Such oppression.

Reading through all your posts here brought back many memories even though I have been out since the mid 90's and have been on the internet since 2006. To know that these things in the orgs and SO are still going on is why I and many others protest and speak out against Scientology

I'm so glad you and your wife got on the internet and started reading. The internet, as Arnie Lerma has coined, is the Liberty Tree for scientologists.

BTW, have you had occasion to read about old timer Anthony "Tony" Hitchman and his dilemma in the USA? Have you seen him in SA? I heard her was involved with the SA AO projects. Any info you have would be appreciated. Last info I have is that he's been hiding in SA since evading a $6,000,000 courtjudgement against he and wife Margaret appealed and lost in 2005 for having received fraudulent transfers of money from Reed Slatkin when Slatkin was scamming people.
http://www.lermanet.com/fraud/Scn_S...__ecf.flmd.uscourts.gov_cgi-bin_show_temp.pdf

http://www.lermanet.com/fraud/Scn_Slatkin_Hitchman_Appeal_show_case_doc.pdf

FYI, There are many law cases, theirs included, about Scientologists involved in fraud in the courts. Many can be found here http://www.lermanet.com/fraud/

Thank you for such qn insightful writeup. You explained alot of the backchannel stuff which makes for filling in the cracks . ((HUGGS)) to you and your wife.

Mary

Last edited:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yes, Robert, I can only echo the sentiments of others and say, "Thank you for writing this." It is a VERY important thread and will undoubtedly help others as they follow their own route to freedom from scientology. Well done, mate! :thumbsup:

Div6

Crusader
This is an awesome writeup! Thanks Robert. My gawd....Lotus Notes!?!?!???
Please do follow up with the "harder to confront" stuff when you are so inclined. It is important to document how this tiger is unable to change its stripes........

Robert H

Patron
Dear Robert,

BTW, have you had occasion to read about old timer Anthony "Tony" Hitchman and his dilemma in the USA? Have you seen him in SA? I heard her was involved with the SA AO projects. Any info you have would be appreciated. Last info I have is that he's been hiding in SA since evading a $6,000,000 courtjudgement against he and wife Margaret appealed and lost in 2005 for having received fraudulent transfers of money from Reed Slatkin when Slatkin was scamming people.

Mary

Interesting that Tony had to skip the US. I always wondered why he came to South Africa.

They are indeed involved in the SA AO, although to what extent, I am not sure. I never found them to be much of a contributor. They used to come to the "GO OT Club" that used to meet at the LRH House. He was required to give one of his LRH stories. The Org used him as a celebrity. So he would talk on various occassions and be used as a Draw-Card. It was a big thing when we heard that he had moved to Joburg, but no info was given as to why. I guess that wraps up that mystery.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Interesting that Tony had to skip the US. I always wondered why he came to South Africa.

They are indeed involved in the SA AO, although to what extent, I am not sure. I never found them to be much of a contributor. They used to come to the "GO OT Club" that used to meet at the LRH House. He was required to give one of his LRH stories. The Org used him as a celebrity. So he would talk on various occassions and be used as a Draw-Card. It was a big thing when we heard that he had moved to Joburg, but no info was given as to why. I guess that wraps up that mystery.

Wow! Thanks!!

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Let me make sure what just got said.

This guy was part of the Reed Slatkin scam?
He had a $6M judgement against him, appealed and lost the appeal.
He skipped to South Africa.
Where he is now a celebrity used to draw people to events?

Sorry to sound stupid but if this is actually what I just heard, I am feeling sort of "hit in the head by a two-by-four."

Wouldn't it be funny if everyone on the org mailing list there got info sent out to them. "Your celebrity--here's who he really is!"

If it was real promo from the org, after telling the scam, they'd ask for a donation. LOL

Robert H

Patron
Thanks Robert. I had a bit of a rummage around for the term too. It seems to stem from the Scientology definition of "intention":

. . . coupled with the word "Command" to give it extra authority, thus:

. . . which, as you explain, leads the bewildered adherent to the "knowingness" that whatever is taking place is a part of some order that has come down from on high, is infallible, and requires unquestioning compliance. Yet another example, as if any were needed, of how Scientology is the anathema to real freedom.

My good friend Marty Rathbun has a delightfully ironic post about Command Intention in which he suggests that David Miscavige is guilty of redefining the term. What Marty fails to observe is that DM is simply following the example of L Ron Hubbard. Most amusing, but certainly helps explain why Scientologists objecting to the Ideal Org programme on the basis of policy have their objections steam rolled.

I just found a post by Jeff Hawkins where he describes "Command Intention":

Sure, there have always been councils – Aides Council, Exec Strata, WDC. But the fact is, no one ever questioned the top guy – Hubbard. There is even a phrase for “doing what Hubbard says.” It’s called Command Intention. Hubbard was always Command. On the Apollo, his entries in the Orders of the Day were always printed under the heading “Command.”

Scientology was structured to carry out and enforce his orders. Every Sea Org Member swears to “uphold, forward and carry out Command Intention.” And the purpose of Ethics in an organization, we learned, was “to remove counter-intention from the environment.” Anyone not carrying out Command Intention was “CI.”

To ensure orders were carried out, there was an “LRH Comm Correction Form” which escalated Ethics gradients automatically for any non-compliance to LRH Orders. It was soon copied by every Programs Ops as “the way to get compliance.”

So you have a system where every Sea Org Member, executive and Programs Ops is dead-set on carrying out Command Intention, and where every Ethics Officer is working full-time to “remove counter-intention.” All Miscavige had to do was establish himself as “Command,” and he had the whole system working for him.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
You Nailed it Robert, this is the Reversed sightedness of Policy.

The personal Philosophy and The operating Structure are the Opposed activities "GPM" of the whole shebang.

The hook is the Your good and you can be better,
the sinkers are the actions that plow individuals into introversion,
double think, confusion, submission all derived from the
founders Certainty of Vision.

One thing that stands out to me is a lecture about the purists
not being pure and all the laws of the purists, something like
"if i ever create a moral code, please bring to my attention my
own words here and now"

Well look at the codes, laws rules in the the church, Sea og ,
all these "ETHIC" actions that are not ethics, but are Justice
actions.Wild reversals, contradictions.

The other one is the more serious you take the game the less

chance there is of winning, then he sets up an organisation

where it is promoted to be as serious as possible to "get in
ethics on the planet", for Christs sakes RON.

Orgs are only existing whilst governments of the world and
good willed individuals allow them to, with the horde exodus
and protest of this monopoly and inherent purist dictatorship
the end is in sight.

The whole system set up as a monopoly. Ron may have had
visions of protection, but he didnt allow for freedom, choice
or an escape.
A system that preys on fear, and anybody in that top job, even
mother teresa would turn into a dwarf hitler. Save the planet
, thats a rock, save each other.

Scientology would have pervaded the world if the main line in
the sea org was look after each other, be friends to each other,
and eventually we
will have a massive family.Command Intention should have been
lets build each other up.

a

Optamind

Patron
I've been un-officially for ages. I think its time to go public!

Hi Robert,

Thanks for posting your story. Sometimes we need a little push to let people know where we stand. I have opted to stay under the radar since 2003, as my father is still on C of S lines as the ED for Education Alive Africa. I figured that if I don't rock the boat, I can still get to talk to my dad whenever I like. However, our communication is not quite at the level of quality and connection that I want. It's time to rock the boat a little and and hopefully get my dad back.

My name is Jonathan Turpin (from Johannesburg) and I blew staff in 2003 while on course at the CLO AF. I was mid Volume 6 of the OEC. On 11 February 03 I felt this uncontrollable urge to just stand up and walk the hell out of the course room. Not from Mis-understood words, but from a severe lack on congruity with what was written, and what was actually practiced in the Orgs. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done. I knew then that everything I had believed, all my "friends", and my entire life that I had created in the 3 years prior was about to be hit by bomb. And it was.

I have kept quiet about my disagreements for years, purely to maintain good roads and good weather with C of S and my dad. I look forward to sharing some of them here, or commenting on other posts that say what I want to say.

Jonathan Turpin

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Welcome, Jonathan. I hope you find ESMB valuable. You might want to start your very own thread: you're allowed to. :)

Paul

Optamind

Patron
My recent gripe with the C of $

Now my dad, who is the ED for Education Alive Africa, he doesn't earn much money from being on staff. As many of you will know staff wages is spare change for people with real jobs.

So my dad was involved with a big cycle to get money from the National Lottery. It took a lot of work, and I even helped with the financials statements ang auditing the books so they could qualify for the money. It was late nights for all of us. Last week they paid over R4,000,000. My dad really deserved some of that as a commission or something, for going beyond what was required of him in making that cycle go right.

The few pennies that he could rightfully claim (about R20K) was "stolen" from him, on the day the money came through by none other that Ken Krieger of CLO AF. He regged my dad for every penny to donate / buy IAS Lifetime membership!! NOT buying service or getting any actual value.

My other rant, which is actually my fathers rant: Even though he has paid for services, courses and auditing, he avoids going to the org for fear of being pressured into giving the org more money for ideal orgs or some other baloney.

This type of "theft and muggery" really upsets me. It causes huge upsets for my dad and his wife, not to mention a big blow to his self esteem when he gets bull-dozed by well trained sales dogs like Ken Krieger. He has to withhold this information from his wife for obvious reasons too, degrading their relationship and communication.

Any tips on saving my father? How can I get him out of the Church, without risking a dis-connection?

Any feedback appreciated.

Last edited:

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hello and welcome Jonathan!
Let your dad know he's contributing to the madness and to others being similarly treated by continuing to be involved in and, by complacency, supporting these activities. Let him know he's not alone and how many others are fed up and that he would be among friends.

Let him know that the guilt he feels about disagreeing or leaving is a complete and utter set-up. It is designed that way.

Do what you can to lead him to a computer....

I hope you can get him out. Best of luck to you!

Robert H

Patron
The few pennies that he could rightfully claim (about R20K) was "stolen" from him, on the day the money came through by none other that Ken Krieger of CLO AF. He regged my dad for every penny to donate / buy IAS Lifetime membership!! NOT buying service or getting any actual value.

Hi Jonathan,

Ken is definetly like that, he can smell money a mile away. He is the champion of crush sell. Whenever anyone comes up with any cash, he is there to take it away. Adrian Kelsey would probably attest to that. That is also the only time he would ever show any ARC to anyone, when he is extracting money. Otherwise, he is a total arsehole.

I think at the bottom of this is the fact that the CLO does get commission on the IAS donations. So this would go towards their own money so they can buy food. They used to get personal commission on these sales, but I am not sure that this is the case anymore.

Robert

Robert H

Patron

Any tips on saving my father? How can I get him out of the Church, without risking a dis-connection?

Any feedback appreciated.

A difficult question. If he is avoiding the org for fear of getting regged, then you have an opening. He has already started thinking that something is wrong. Use the fact that the way the orgs are operating is totally off-policy. Use that go get him on to the Internet. Maybe start with a few of the posts from Marti's site. That is a good gradient for someone that still thinks the LRH tech is valid. I have had personal success with this approach. Once they are on the internet and looking, it has a snowball effect.