What's new

Suppressed Memories

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
"YOU PULLED IT IN" She said

"HANDLE IT" She said

This was my step mother after i had just committed the highest crime possible
embarrassing and causing a major flap for the CofS.Major scandal,i would imagine.However, i was oblivious to this as i was locked away in a secure unit somewhere.Safe.

My crime was due to neglect,lack of love,care and understanding.The only thing that mattered was to KSW.True.Or so Scientologist seemed to think.

I spent as much time as possible away from home,when i wasn't babysitting.
I was out very late at night,i was only 12yrs old.My friend and i hung out with a group of boys,we went to clubs,and used to drink alcohol. I suppose it was inevitable that things would get out of control.
Being so young and extremely naieve if someone showed affection,inevitably one thing led to another.this happened on two seperate occasions and there would have been a third time,only fortunately for me at least, the police came along and prevented that from happening.

I did not know what i was doing,it never occurred to me i could get pregnant or that it was wrong or anything like that.I just wanted my DAD.
It was to be a long time before i realized the consequences of my actions at that time.I was then, and to this day am deeply ashamed about this.But then so i should be because because "I pulled it in".

While locked away in a secure unit,i say secure,as it was locked up tight,even the windows didn't open,and were meshed over.
I felt like i had been put in prison,and i didn't understand why.
While there all newbies had to see a psychiatrist,once a week.
This caused a great deal of conflict for me,as long as i could remember i had been told all psychs were bad.
This guy would sit opposite me and try to get me to tell him stuff about my family and Scientology.I refused,i would just sit there and would not speak.
Lets face it, as far as i was concerned who would believe me.I had been told no one would.I believed no one would believe me.And also i knew Scientology to be dangerous.
This went on for weeks,me not talking and i imagine the psychiatrist becoming frustrated at my lack of cooperation.I was frightened,darn right scared.
Then he got me to do puzzles.I was convinced he thought i was mad.Looney bin stuff.It was a scary place to be in my mind.
He then told me the sooner i opened up the sooner i could stop seeing him.That was a breakthrough of sorts.I answered some questions,but was very vague because if i told him all about life on the ship,i was sure he would think i was completely mad and i would never get out of this place.
True to his word,i didn't have to see him any more.What a relief.
Looking back i find it hard to believe that a child(myself)or any other child for that matter would be so stuck in a mind set about Psychiatrists.When i had never actually met one until then.
"I wish i could remember more about what was said,but i can't.
Although i hated that unit when i went there,i did form some strong bonds with other kids and when i left,i cried because i didn't want to go.
Nothing quite like a bunch of misfits,you learn how to survive.The staff were a great bunch also.Even though it did not seem like it at the time.
So yeah,i pulled it in-story of my life.

Tamasin