What's new

VIDEO LEAK: See Former Scientology Official Marty Rathbun Interrogated Under Oath

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

If someone was tailing your car for 20 years, wouldn't you notice?

:hysterical::hysterical:

When you ask about a Scientologist, there are no simple answers:

ANSWER #1: Yes. Of course they would notice. After 20 years, anyone would notice!

ANSWER#2: No. Because you are asking about a Scientologist--who might be trained in "obnosis".

Gib

Crusader
If someone was tailing your car for 20 years, wouldn't you notice?

you should re read this link, that Mary posted above:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...cade-pursuit-of-an-exiled-scientology/1254129

""The best way to follow somebody is not to follow them at all — to know where they're going ahead of time or to have a pretty good idea of it," Marrick said. The investigators say it appeared Broeker never realized he was being followed."

"The detectives also came to think about Broeker in a new way. He went to school, held down jobs, lived modestly and treated his female companions honorably. People enjoyed his company."

"Later, they returned to Cheyenne, following a tip that Broeker and Young would be meeting there. The investigators followed the two men to an Applebee's restaurant, where Arnold disguised himself and sat behind them in the next booth. He heard them talking critically about Miscavige and Scientology."Obviously, the church was still on their mind and Pat was pretty angry," Arnold said.
Broeker's involvement with the dissidents was short-lived. He moved to the Czech Republic."

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
From the Bunker this morning...

VIDEO LEAK: Another segment from Marty Rathbun’s deposition — his ‘Liability Formula’

Our source has made available another portion of Mark “Marty” Rathbun’s December 22 deposition; the first portion we published on Sunday.

As we pointed out then, this is the first time that Rathbun has been deposed since he emerged as a critic of his former employer, the Church of Scientology, in 2009. He had left the organization five years earlier after a career as one of its highest-ranking executives. But he’s now a severe critic of David Miscavige, the man who runs Scientology.

The deposition was taken as part of Luis and Rocio Garcia’s federal fraud lawsuit, but as we pointed out last time, Scientology attorney Bert Deixler seems less interested in the issue pending in that lawsuit — the nature of Scientology’s arbitration scheme — and instead is focusing on Rathbun’s relationship with Miscavige.

Last time, the portion of video we posted ended on a dramatic moment when Deixler was asking Rathbun about the first time he walked away from Scientology — nine days in 1993 — and then asked him to read from a document Rathbun had written at that time.

<snip>

Full Post (and video): http://tonyortega.org/2015/01/23/vi...ty-rathbuns-deposition-his-liability-formula/

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Mimsey Borogrove said:
I doubt it's a confessional - it was only a couple pages long. We should have a pool - and see who can guess what it is - maybe you want to start a Marty Mystery Document Pool thread?
I doubt that too.... simply because Deixler said it is a "letter". Maybe a letter like this ? :coolwink::
"My dearest David,
After my father died, I am feeling so alone on this planet. I recognized that I can´t live without you and your treatment, I am so familiar with it and believe me: I really need it. Please give me a second chance......
"
I think - with my "OT-Powerz" - I should start to earn some money as a psychic. :coolwink:

In the second video - released today at Tony Ortegas site - Marty is reading the first two pages of the letter which was part of his liability formula after returning in 1993. Starting at 08:15:
Marrty Rathbun said:
30 Nov. 1993​
Dear Sir,
here is the letter I told you I was going to write. First of all I wanted to thank you for all the things you did as a friend. I know you first as a friend. We didn´t realy know each other before the 1980 super bowl trip. I don´t even remember how it was that you came that you invited me or invited myself, all ... I know is the next thing I know .... at the ???? truck stop wolfing waffles and plotting the rest of the drive strategy.

I guess I was redriven to New Orleans this year toward the location of that pleasure moment. In any of that I realize(d?) in getting O/W's cleared, that you have always been a great friend and I haven´t even acknowledged that fact or recognized it because of my built up withholds. .....

BTW, the Super Bowl in New Orleans was in 1981 and not in 1980:
http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/1980s.php

Last edited:

koki

Silver Meritorious Patron
vid #1 45min
vid #2 15min
vid #3 3min
vid #4 1min
vid #5 0,58sec
vid #6 commercial
vid #7 commercial
vid #8 mute black screen and commercial
:wink2:

Tony looks for youtube money....

Last edited:

freethinker

Sponsor
IMO, all Marty had to do was to say that what he wrote was done under duress. The deposition itself is duress. The lawyer just wanted him to say he lied so he could present later, if needed, that Marty is a liar.

I am surprised Marty showed as much restraint as he did before getting mad.

I would have claimed the fifth.

From the Bunker this morning...

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
The most important thing I saw in the video was a comment by Marty to the effect that DM was afraid Marty might jeopardize the exemption, or words to that effect. I'll try to get the exact quote and the location on the video.

Terril park

Sponsor
IMO, all Marty had to do was to say that what he wrote was done under duress. The deposition itself is duress. The lawyer just wanted him to say he lied so he could present later, if needed, that Marty is a liar.

I am surprised Marty showed as much restraint as he did before getting mad.

I would have claimed the fifth.

I think Marty did as good a job as can be expected.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
. . .
Wow, a person originally gets into all this looking for a hand up, a little help in life, perhaps getting along better with a boyfriend/girlfriend, finding one's purpose in life as a confused youth, or handling some minor personality defect that's bugging one. In Marty's case, helping his brother who was in dire need. How innocent it all is at the start.

Decades later, he's being grilled on camera (for the public now) by a demon lawyer about imagined, invented, or probably false crimes against a true psychopath. A nut. And no one can stop the madness of it . . . at least not for six more hours.

Not that Marty is ALL innocent . . . but the irony of it all.

I'm thankful every day of my life that I left the fold over twenty years ago and was mostly spared the worst, compared to many.

Just so thankful after watching these videos. Every day. :yes:

Veda

Sponsor
IMO, all Marty had to do was to say that what he wrote was done under duress.

-snip-

Saying he was being obsequious and in propitiation when he wrote that is tantamount to saying he was under duress.

[video=youtube;HcjX4X4l9xY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcjX4X4l9xY[/video]

Mind control is also mentioned, which, despite wrangling by cult apologists and others who don't want the idea of mind control recognized an existing condition, when added to the "in propitiation/being obsequious" explanation, make it clear that the written statement is tainted by Miscavige's and Scientology's influence.

freethinker

Sponsor
That's true.

The courts respond better to the word duress better IMO.

Saying he was being obsequious and in propitiation when he wrote that is tantamount to saying he was under duress.

[video=youtube;HcjX4X4l9xY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcjX4X4l9xY[/video]

Mind control is also mentioned, which, despite wrangling by cult apologists and others who don't want the idea of mind control recognized an existing condition, when added to the 'in propitiation/being obsequious" explanation, make it clear that the written statement is tainted by Miscavige's and Scientology's influence.

Chess

Patron with Honors
Marty's liability formula.
Let me get this straight - for blowing the SO all he had to do was say that miscavige was his true friend after all and bingo - he's back.
Not only that but because he was the one who got the cult tax exempt status he was rewarded with an all expenses paid trip on a ship in the Caribbean enjoying God like status being Dave's friend while he studied and audited himself up the Bridge. Yeah that sounds fair to me :no:
No wonder he's eye balls deep in legal crap now where one wrong word and its perjury later on.
What a sordid lot they are - I hope they all end up rotting in jail. They truly have no idea the damage they have done to people's lives.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
At approximately the 7:40 mark, the attorney asks Marty about when he blew for nine days, and whether that was a suppressive act, and then eventually said "...so that the opportunity existed for you to be declared an SP, is that true?"

And Marty replied "No, not really, no, because Miscavige was too afraid that I might screw up the exemption, that is why I got the Red Carpet treatment."

I hope they delve into this issue a lot more. If Marty can be a witness about the bogus tax exemption, that could lead to some interesting scenarios.

Not that the current case (fraud) isn't interesting, but I think the tax exempt story and Marty's role in that, could be WAY more fruitful in dismantling the cult.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
. . .
Wow, a person originally gets into all this looking for a hand up, a little help in life, perhaps getting along better with a boyfriend/girlfriend, finding one's purpose in life as a confused youth, or handling some minor personality defect that's bugging one. In Marty's case, helping his brother who was in dire need. How innocent it all is at the start.

Decades later, he's being grilled on camera (for the public now) by a demon lawyer about imagined, invented, or probably false crimes against a true psychopath. A nut. And no one can stop the madness of it . . . at least not for six more hours.

Not that Marty is ALL innocent . . . but the irony of it all.

I'm thankful every day of my life that I left the fold over twenty years ago and was mostly spared the worst, compared to many.

Just so thankful after watching these videos. Every day. :yes:

Yeah, Marty had his hand in plenty of Fair Game "moves" against the innumerable "enemies" of Hubbard and Miscavige. But he has quite extraordinarily recovered himself fully now. I think of these absurdly immoral court actions that he is entangled with (this case and his wife's) to be a free PARTING GIFT from the cult. Kind of their way of saying, "We so enjoyed coercing & torturing you all those years, have a little more before you go."

All things considered, Marty is doing a good job of keeping his cool while the cult's lawyer sits in front of him smirking and needling him with Fair Game litigation---while interrogating him about Fair Game. Even for Scientology, that's damn evil irony. Like I say: "Scientology: Where the rapist is your ethics officer."

Terril park

Sponsor
Marty's liability formula.
Let me get this straight - for blowing the SO all he had to do was say that miscavige was his true friend after all and bingo - he's back.
Not only that but because he was the one who got the cult tax exempt status he was rewarded with an all expenses paid trip on a ship in the Caribbean enjoying God like status being Dave's friend while he studied and audited himself up the Bridge. Yeah that sounds fair to me :no:
No wonder he's eye balls deep in legal crap now where one wrong word and its perjury later on.
What a sordid lot they are - I hope they all end up rotting in jail. They truly have no idea the damage they have done to people's lives.

Miscavige seems to have realised Marty was a potential danger.
Bought him off with high level training which Marty desired.

Marty became very good at it and was chosen to audit the celebs.

Marty has developed and now distances himself from Scn.

Is doing even more to bring down DM. I don't see that as sordid.

Terril park

Sponsor
At approximately the 7:40 mark, the attorney asks Marty about when he blew for nine days, and whether that was a suppressive act, and then eventually said "...so that the opportunity existed for you to be declared an SP, is that true?"

And Marty replied "No, not really, no, because Miscavige was too afraid that I might screw up the exemption, that is why I got the Red Carpet treatment."

I hope they delve into this issue a lot more. If Marty can be a witness about the bogus tax exemption, that could lead to some interesting scenarios.

Not that the current case (fraud) isn't interesting, but I think the tax exempt story and Marty's role in that, could be WAY more fruitful in dismantling the cult.

When I met Marty he told me there was no blackmail re IRS.
I hadn't asked. Made me wonder. Is this why DM thought Marty could screw up the excemption?

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I met Marty he told me there was no blackmail re IRS.
I hadn't asked. Made me wonder. Is this why DM thought Marty could screw up the excemption?

I think maybe Marty has an ace up his sleeve, that he is holding. Or maybe not. I just don't think he's told everything he knows about what happened with the IRS. I'm sure there's some dirt he could spill, but maybe not without implicating himself.

We may never know.