What's new

Watch Today Tonight tomorrow - Monday 21st June 2010

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
This was fantastic and a great way to start my day! :happydance: Thanks to all who provided the information.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
Having just watched, this is nothing new - we've known about all this for many years. That's not to say there aren't still details to be dug out, and thanks given to those doing so.

As usual, we have to bite our tongues and let the journalists claim EXCLUSIVE!!! and pretend they did all the work....

I am puzzled anyone should think this is unusual. Companies everywhere employ tax experts to ensure they get the best tax deal they can, and governments employ them to claw back the money. Up to now there has been no incentive to block this particular loophole in South Australia as the State will gain not a cent by doing so. Now there is, with vox pop and the Senator nagging.
With respect, did you know that COSRECI had failed to file financial returns in South Australia for 30 years? No. You didn't. Did you know that the UK And Australian authorities are looking into the matter. No. You didn't.

You guys asked good questions previously, but you weren't able to dig up the right documentation to get the press and/or government to SEE and agree that there was a problem to be looked at.

So, kudos to all those who did research previously. But kudos to those who recently put the thing together and ensured that the senator and the journalist understood the significance of it.

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
WTF!!??? - WTF!!!!??? - WTF!!???
Did The Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology simply name a completely irrelevant adress on their official COSRECI registry papers.. A home owned by a guy who never even knew!!??

Could they really be that totally, fucked in the head, STUPID!?

Maybe we'll never know. The CofS will come up with the best lie they can think of, perhaps that it was a typo from a secretary who is now dead. Maybe that anonymous informant of Bryan's will know.

Scientology 'offended' by tax evasion accusation | Adelaide Now

Church of Scientology spokeswoman Vicki Dunstan from the Office of Special Affairs yesterday told The Advertiser the Cowandilla property was the former postal address of teh Public Officer for the association.

"It is, of course, not the headquarters, but is merely to receive mail and clearly an error as the Public Officer moved from this address. I understand this point has been rectified since," she said.

So, when and how was this point rectified?

Carmel

Crusader
Having just watched, this is nothing new - we've known about all this for many years. That's not to say there aren't still details to be dug out, and thanks given to those doing so.

As usual, we have to bite our tongues and let the journalists claim EXCLUSIVE!!! and pretend they did all the work....

I am puzzled anyone should think this is unusual. Companies everywhere employ tax experts to ensure they get the best tax deal they can, and governments employ them to claw back the money. Up to now there has been no incentive to block this particular loophole in South Australia as the State will gain not a cent by doing so. Now there is, with vox pop and the Senator nagging.

I think the seminal issue here, in terms of fraud, is the use of the house they don't own. Otherwise, I think this might be legal, although the UK may have some sort of claim to back taxes. Hartley is right, it's now going to be about closing the loophole.
In addition to what Cherished said........

I think it would be very naive to think or assume: that all was revealed on this one small segment; that there isn't a lot more to this story; that the authorities don't already have a lot more information than the public will ever get; that wheels haven't already been in motion on this one for some time; that the media would have access to all there is at any given time; and that the whole hand would be put on the table at once.

Think about it - Tonight ya only saw the tip of the iceberg, and there's good reason for that.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Thank-you David M! And kudos to Bryan Seymour. What a brilliant job!

This could well be the biggest shitstorm yet for the cult. Looks like CoS Australia didn't have a clue what COSRECI was and directly denied what CoS UK claims to be fact. Oopsie! Bleeding foot. :eyeroll:

What Sherman tank? .:confused2:

I believe that the UK government is onto this and I hope that Scn UK gets nailed for all their back taxes. And any other countries that are pulling the same thing.

This is starting to unravel like Watergate. It's getting exciting.

If Tommy Davis's eyes sink any further in, they'll be coming out the back of his head. He looks very short on sleep.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
If Tommy Davis's eyes sink any further in, they'll be coming out the back of his head. He looks very short on sleep.

lololololol!

Please Lord, I pray that someone teaches me how to do a screen capture of that image. It it the single best picture ever taken of what Scientology does to a living human being. (and the best "sad clown face without makeup" Tommy ever made)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Please Lord, I pray that someone teaches me how to do a screen capture of that image. It it the single best picture ever taken of what Scientology does to a living human being. (and the best "sad clown face without makeup" Tommy ever made)

tommymouth01.jpg

Zinj

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball

Allright, now that you mention it.. And Thank's Pooks for the additional detail.. I do recall seeing something about this particular organizational setup a long time ago.

But I had plainly forgotten about it.. Even the 'COSRECI' name had been autodeleted from my mind, being too obscure.. So all this was a nice discovery in a new unit of time for me! :)

I've always been aware that CofS employs all manner of these kinds of shenanigans though.. But knowing that is largely useless.. One needs documented facts.

But don't downplay the value of some 'new' journalists making it sensational all over again! - That they do that is of immense value.

:yes:

<edit> Oh.. Pooks deleted that.. Well.. </edit>
and
<edit>And BTW.. It was also some new ex-scientologists digging this up afresh.. AND BTW! - That 10 year old old excavation of COSRECI probably, make that most certainly, has valuable data to add.. Anyone know where to find it? - Are ARS posts kept this long? - Anyone did a webby about it? - Yeah! YEAH! - I'll look for it ok!! </edit>

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
But don't downplay the value of some 'new' journalists making it sensational all over again! - That they do that is of immense value.

:yes:

And the timing, along with the inquiry into a public benefits test for charitable organizations, couldn't be better :)

Zinj

BigBeard

Patron
I do believe things will get interesting in the U.K., what with COSRECI submitting paperwork to HMRC, and various municipalities, claiming COSRECI is recognized as a "charity" in Oz. And now the authorities in Oz are say COSRECI is definately NOT a charity.

Can you say "FRAUD"??

BigBeard