What's new

Yes I'm out....mostly because I'm out

Gib

Crusader
Congratulations in getting out.

As you see it is safe to post without judgement on your private life. Yet at the same time a wide experience and multiple viewpoints on scientology itself exist here

The one thing that hasn’t been taken up is your clear origination on the NED DRD.

‘You know what you know’ is the absolutely vital point.

To put it simply, perhaps too simply; the church under Miscavige is wrong, most of what it does and says is wrong and it has a definite history of this concerning people’s clear cycles!

My own advice, and this is advice I have followed, is to get any cycle to do with auditing finished to your own satisfaction. Don’t let anyone put you off your original goal or doubt what you yourself know.

Outside the church you have freedoms, not just in your lifestyle, but that freedom means the right and ability to either neglect or follow whatever you feel you want or had set as important for yourself. The beauty, and at same time - the harsh reality, is no one will particularly hassle you or go out of their way to push you.

When I realized I was free from being at all dependent on what had become a nightmare, I contacted a blogger here called Terril Park, who is in touch with well trained people with thousands of hours of experience and will direct anyone who wants advice.

I contacted Terril and he recommended and personally knew an auditor for what I wanted, a very experienced Class VIII and I flew and he handled any past upset and I was on to my next major step super fast, in a hand full of hours – literally. This is what I personally went there hoping to achieve; it was spot on.

What was it like outside getting auditing? I was not sure what to expect. I found a pleasant environment with a nice lounge area, homely; lots of books, only about 5% had anything to do with scientology and also included all the main books written by people who had left the church.

Half of the PCs I have met have never been in the church. The Auditor regularly does cycles like yours; as I say it is not uncommon for the church these days to screw this cycle up for whatever reason...

No one will hassle you if you don’t want any more auditing. I found it amazing to just sit there and not have to talk to anyone. Sometimes there was someone else waiting to go in before me as things in other sessions had taken longer or the earlier person was late. Or perhaps when I came out there was the next person to go in. If you want to talk then you talk, but if not, then you don’t. But nothing else; no regging, no book-sellers, nothing, nothing... I found it unbelievable.

Also, no hint of evaluation or invalidation, I even met a psychologist who had had dianetics auditing and attested to clear and was continuing on... Yes, and you can move on to your OT levels and get audited NOTS etc. Everything. No unnecessary actions, no stops, no endless sec checks. No paying big bucks for crap.

It is really your call. There are many who have been really hurt and ripped-off by the so called ‘church’ who will never go back to auditing or training and would love to see the subject just fade away or worse.

As I say, you now have the freedom, not just to live as you want but to avail yourself of what you originally wanted. My only advice is that it would be so bitterly ironic not to do the things one hoped to do now that one finally can...

Do well.

Simply Revolting

LOL

Gib

Crusader

As you see it is safe to post without judgement on your private life. Yet at the same time a wide experience and multiple viewpoints on scientology itself exist here

The one thing that hasn’t been taken up is your clear origination on the NED DRD.

‘You know what you know’ is the absolutely vital point.

To put it simply, perhaps too simply; the church under Miscavige is wrong, most of what it does and says is wrong and it has a definite history of this concerning people’s clear cycles!

My own advice, and this is advice I have followed, is to get any cycle to do with auditing finished to your own satisfaction. Don’t let anyone put you off your original goal or doubt what you yourself know.

Outside the church you have freedoms, not just in your lifestyle, but that freedom means the right and ability to either neglect or follow whatever you feel you want or had set as important for yourself. The beauty, and at same time - the harsh reality, is no one will particularly hassle you or go out of their way to push you.

When I realized I was free from being at all dependent on what had become a nightmare, I contacted a blogger here called Terril Park, who is in touch with well trained people with thousands of hours of experience and will direct anyone who wants advice.

I contacted Terril and he recommended and personally knew an auditor for what I wanted, a very experienced Class VIII and I flew and he handled any past upset and I was on to my next major step super fast, in a hand full of hours – literally. This is what I personally went there hoping to achieve; it was spot on.

What was it like outside getting auditing? I was not sure what to expect. I found a pleasant environment with a nice lounge area, homely; lots of books, only about 5% had anything to do with scientology and also included all the main books written by people who had left the church.

Half of the PCs I have met have never been in the church. The Auditor regularly does cycles like yours; as I say it is not uncommon for the church these days to screw this cycle up for whatever reason...

No one will hassle you if you don’t want any more auditing. I found it amazing to just sit there and not have to talk to anyone. Sometimes there was someone else waiting to go in before me as things in other sessions had taken longer or the earlier person was late. Or perhaps when I came out there was the next person to go in. If you want to talk then you talk, but if not, then you don’t. But nothing else; no regging, no book-sellers, nothing, nothing... I found it unbelievable.

Also, no hint of evaluation or invalidation, I even met a psychologist who had had dianetics auditing and attested to clear and was continuing on... Yes, and you can move on to your OT levels and get audited NOTS etc. Everything. No unnecessary actions, no stops, no endless sec checks. No paying big bucks for crap.

It is really your call. There are many who have been really hurt and ripped-off by the so called ‘church’ who will never go back to auditing or training and would love to see the subject just fade away or worse.

As I say, you now have the freedom, not just to live as you want but to avail yourself of what you originally wanted. My only advice is that it would be so bitterly ironic not to do the things one hoped to do now that one finally can...

Do well.

Simply Revolting

LOL

Gib

Crusader
as Infinite, and even Heinlein, would say, got any docs or STFU. :hysterical:

show me a clear?

ps: by docs I don't mean a success story, LOL

Veda

Sponsor
probably just as well.

Reading his first long post, after 5 years, is quite similar to reading Campbells letters to Heinlein

-snip-

If you don't mind me asking, when did you join Scientology and how long were you in?

Gib

Crusader
If you don't mind me asking, when did you join Scientology and how long were you in?

I don't mind you asking, Veda, But I never joined, I was a paying customer. I never intended to join anything, especially some religion, stick a finger down my throat.

When it first begin for me was the second half of the 1980's. Recall the Dianetics commercials on TV, the ones with the black background and white lettering. Yep, started by Jefferson Hawkins.

So I read Dianetics, there was a little card in that book said something like "come in for a free auditing session". So I did, called the local org, address & phone in the book. I figured I give it a try.

My first free session, all I remember is I cried, hey I says to myself, a secondary, I guess it works. After the hour long session, my contact at the org says I need to continue and you can buy 5 hours for $50. I said cool, (I wanted to go clear).

Finish that 5 hour block, then bought a 12 1/2 hour block for $160, then bought several 25 hour blocks for $360 I believe.

Then one day my contact, reg, ask me whats ruining my life. I tell her. So I end up doing a Life Repair, something like $160 as well. That sucked, it was weird, holding these cans, and the person asking me the same question over and over, I'm like to myself, I just answered you. Anyways, got thru that, and was sold to do the Purif. I thought cool, I get to get back in shape again. Finished that, I liked it. Although I didn't do a bunch of hard drugs, I had drunk a good share of beer during my college years, which was shortly before this all.

While those actions occurred, why my reg got me to buy some books, New Slant on Life, and then POW. I was a little miffed at my reg for trying to sell me those books since I wanted nothing to do with scientology, never heard of it, I only wanted dianetics & clear. Ended up reading those books and even applied POW confusion & the stable datum, the secret to efficiency - do work now, and had greats wins at work, even got promoted.

I ended up reading all the books and all the lectures available to a public person at the time. I listened to the PDC's, Pheonix lectures, Study tapes, everything. And when I was done with that, I started reading the green vols, I read KSW on my own at home and thought WOW, this is it, I found the holy grail.

Mind you my prior education results were strong in the sciences, math, practical, I was a flunky in english, history, philosophy - I had to no interest in the past, I wanted the future.

So what did I join. Well I joined the IAS in the beginning only because it gave me a 6 month free membership, but only because I got a 10% discount. And then I joined staff thinking I could go up the bridge, go clear, and at the same time help. Seemed ideal at the time, early 1990's.

Fast forward,

When I got the Debbie Cook email, I started researching the internet intensively. And 6 months later I was no longer a paying customer and started posting here after much reading of other philosophy, peoples stories, reviewing my own timetrack in scientology and really looking at those I know who are "clear" and "OT", and comparing.

And when I found out Hubbard, in his own words used Rhetoric & read Le Bon, and reading the Heinlein letters, and further research (sublime rhetoric), why I found the truth. I was thoroughly persuaded (w/o proof) to join the winning team, and we had a enemy, LOL.

And Veda, if you don't mind me asking, when did you join scientology, and how long where you in?

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
I don't mind you asking, Veda, But I never joined, I was a paying customer. I never intended to join anything, especially some religion, stick a finger down my throat.

So what did I join. Well I joined the IAS in the beginning only because it gave me a 6 month free membership, but only because I got a 10% discount. And then I joined staff thinking I could go up the bridge, go clear, and at the same time help. Seemed ideal at the time, early 1990's.

You said that you never joined and then, later, you said you did join.
This is confusing.

Gib

Crusader
You said that you never joined and then, later, you said you did join.
This is confusing.

I joined those two organizations for perceived mutual benefit.

1. IAS for 10% discount, although I didn't consider myself a scientologist at the time, just a discount, doesn't mean I'm a member.

2. And I joined staff for mutual benefit. If I sign contract to work for the organization for 2 1/2 years, play by the rules, and get auditing and training for free, why all is good.

Jump

Operating teatime
I joined those two organizations for perceived mutual benefit.

1. IAS for 10% discount, although I didn't consider myself a scientologist at the time, just a discount, doesn't mean I'm a member.

2. And I joined staff for mutual benefit. If I sign contract to work for the organization for 2 1/2 years, play by the rules, and get auditing and training for free, why all is good.

What different would you have to do to 'join Scientology' ?

Gib

Crusader
What different would you have to do to 'join Scientology' ?

I suppose one could just make a conscious decision to join. Like read a book, or check out the place and then say I want to join. I guess like going to a local church and saying I want to join.

Probably most people just wanted to check it out, and then the next you know you're deep into it. What can I say, I just wanted to toot my horn in my response to Veda, not argue or anything.

I just remembered, after my free 6 month membership expired, I never bought a yearly or lifetime membership. I joined staff and didn't have to buy a membership or maybe it was overlooked, don't. At the time there were no IAS hawkers like today. And when I got married I automatically got a lifetime membership since the spouse was one, don't ask me how, nor did I argue or want to open up a can of worms.

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor

When it first begin for me was the second half of the 1980's. Recall the Dianetics commercials on TV, the ones with the black background and white lettering. Yep, started by Jefferson Hawkins.

So I read Dianetics, there was a little card in that book said something like "come in for a free auditing session". So I did, called the local org, address & phone in the book. I figured I give it a try.

My first free session, all I remember is I cried, hey I says to myself, a secondary, I guess it works. After the hour long session, my contact at the org says I need to continue and you can buy 5 hours for $50. I said cool, (I wanted to go clear).

Finish that 5 hour block, then bought a 12 1/2 hour block for $160, then bought several 25 hour blocks for $360 I believe.

Then one day my contact, reg, ask me whats ruining my life. I tell her. So I end up doing a Life Repair, something like $160 as well. That sucked, it was weird, holding these cans, and the person asking me the same question over and over, I'm like to myself, I just answered you. Anyways, got thru that, and was sold to do the Purif. I thought cool, I get to get back in shape again. Finished that, I liked it. Although I didn't do a bunch of hard drugs, I had drunk a good share of beer during my college years, which was shortly before this all.

While those actions occurred, why my reg got me to buy some books, New Slant on Life, and then POW. I was a little miffed at my reg for trying to sell me those books since I wanted nothing to do with scientology, never heard of it, I only wanted dianetics & clear. Ended up reading those books and even applied POW confusion & the stable datum, the secret to efficiency - do work now, and had greats wins at work, even got promoted.

I ended up reading all the books and all the lectures available to a public person at the time. I listened to the PDC's, Pheonix lectures, Study tapes, everything. And when I was done with that, I started reading the green vols, I read KSW on my own at home and thought WOW, this is it, I found the holy grail.

Mind you my prior education results were strong in the sciences, math, practical, I was a flunky in english, history, philosophy - I had to no interest in the past, I wanted the future.

Fast forward,

When I got the Debbie Cook email, I started researching the internet intensively. And 6 months later I was no longer a paying customer and started posting here after much reading of other philosophy, peoples stories, reviewing my own timetrack in scientology and really looking at those I know who are "clear" and "OT", and comparing.

And when I found out Hubbard, in his own words used Rhetoric & read Le Bon, and reading the Heinlein letters, and further research (sublime rhetoric), why I found the truth. I was thoroughly persuaded (w/o proof) to join the winning team, and we had a enemy, LOL.

And Veda, if you don't mind me asking, when did you join scientology, and how long where you in?

I've gone over that many times. Public person. Joined 1970. Trained and audited. Left 1976. 1984: Audited at a break away mission, all levels - mainly to see what it was like auditing outside the organization. Then explored other areas of Scientology - Fair Game tech, brainwashing tech, FBI docs, etc.

The point is, Why drive a newbie away? At least allow the person a few posts.

He's not in such a different place than we were not that long ago.

'You now talking to you then' thread:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?26341-YOU-NOW-TALKING-TO-YOU-THEN

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
profile_chronology_81_l-ron-hubbard.jpg

A friendly seller of bridges

Hi Simply Revolting, I noticed your "LOL." Looks like you have some "mis-emotion," in which case, I'd like to "indicate the by passed charge." Was that a "withhold" of yours that was "missed"? Are you really only here to covertly plant commercials for the Free Zone? If so, you're misapplying LRH's Propaganda and Intelligence tech by mixing your "overt" (visible) "LOL" with your "covert action." That would be a "flub," so off to "cramming" with you. :naughty:

Oh, never mind. :carryon:

I was being tolerant and giving you the benefit of the doubt.

And I still am giving you the benefit of the doubt, and I notice you're still lurking here, so perhaps you'll see some things that will help you. I hope so. :)

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

There are many who have been really hurt and ripped-off by the so called ‘church’ who will never go back to auditing or training and would love to see the subject just fade away or worse.

-snip-

Simply Revolting

Veda. The reason for the LOL was when I read the first response to Gib I thought I could see where you were guiding things i.e. to make a statement or advice whatever, and yes I thought it was done very deftly.

Then your reply, well...

Clearly we should agree to disagree.