What's new

You know you've been "out" for a while when...

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
You know you are out when you realize that money you put in your bank account, stays there.

A.K. Myers

Patron with Honors
You know you are out when you yawn while reading and don't immediately
start looking for your misunderstood word.

You know you are out when you sign up for a class and the schedule is one
night a week.

You know you are out when you graduate from that class without being
required to sign up for another one.

You know you are out when you can take a Tylenol for minor aches without
worrying if it will interfere with your "sessionability."

You know you are out when you know you can talk to anyone or read anything without worrying about getting in "ethics trouble."

You know you are out when you can make your own decisions without
looking for HCOB or HCOPL references first.

You know you are out when the thought of "What would Ron do?" is
answered with "Die in a trailer like a raving lunatic with an ass full of "psych" drugs.":omg:

:coolwink:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
You know you are out when the most common theme to your retrospectives is 'What was I thinking?'

Zinj

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
You know you are out when on those times you do check in with ESMB, bout the only threads you tend to even consider posting on are the one's like this one!
:happydance:

Giuseppe

Patron with Honors
You know you are out when you don't feel guilty reading ESMB.:unsure:

You know you are out when you post more on ESMB than fark.com, b3ta.com, metafilter and /b/ combined.:happydance:

You know you are out when your family is ESMB.:bigcry:

michelle

Patron
you know you are out when you can use the word annoying instead of dev t

you know you are out when you can have a vicodin and pizza night!!

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've had vicodin and pizza night during a time when dental pain (from a needed root canal) had me down. I must confess that I enjoyed the vicodin a lot, and used up my supply a little bit too fast.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Man, that vicodin was awesome. I had some from dental work. I went to work the next day and NOTHING stressed me. I am normally a stressed kinda person. NOTHING bothered me. I was so content.

That is the kinda OT I like. Why cant it stay without a drug?

Oh well. At least I saw what can be...

Of course I am not dumb enough to keep using something. I have morals...

But every once in a while.....:D

anon_kat

Patron
...when you can yawn without trying to hide it, no fear of being accused of reading a misunderstood word!

...when procedures aren't known as "cycles" to you anymore.

...when you don't get referred to the policy letter about "joking and degrading" everytime you make fun of ron or the guy who narrates the "SCIIIIIIIIIENTOLOGYYY!" films.

...when you can turn up for any sort of lesson without having forced-fed yourself something with lots of protein.

...when your employer actually pays you every week/month for your efforts!

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Man, that vicodin was awesome. I had some from dental work. I went to work the next day and NOTHING stressed me. I am normally a stressed kinda person. NOTHING bothered me. I was so content.

That is the kinda OT I like. Why cant it stay without a drug?

Oh well. At least I saw what can be...

Of course I am not dumb enough to keep using something. I have morals...

But every once in a while.....:D

Vicodin does almost nothing for me. People seem to have the "high" effect or something with it. Whenever I have taken it, it dulls the pain slightly but thats about it. No other mental or physical effect.

One of my friends said the first time she took it, she couldn't remember her name for 3 days.

The first time I took it, my throbbing leg (broken) hurt a little less. Not enough for me to continue taking it though. I couldnt see the point.

But it IS great for dental pain.

Marie

Patron
Yes, morphine.... I was in the hospital too, but that was cool...

I don't get painkillers unless I need them, but when I do, I run out just a little too fast...:whistling:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had morphine for surgery I think (outpatient). (The general anasthetic and a little morphone for the pain when I woke up.) Biggest problem I had was wanting to get the hell out of there. I only felt doped up, not happy.

I annoyed the hell out of the nurses in the recovery room. Trying to get my bearings as soon as I woke up. Within 10 minutes, the nurses said "okay, he's recovered enough - send him back to his room." And as soon as I got back to my room, I was pushing the nurse to let me drink water. (You're supposed to wait so you don't throw up.) I pushed hard enough that the nurse finally let me have water just to show me, thinking that I would throw up. I got the water, didn't throw up, they let me the hell up out of that place.

So, I never had morphine (just morphine). I don't really want to either lol.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
...when you can yawn without trying to hide it, no fear of being accused of reading a misunderstood word!

...when procedures aren't known as "cycles" to you anymore.

...when you don't get referred to the policy letter about "joking and degrading" everytime you make fun of ron or the guy who narrates the "SCIIIIIIIIIENTOLOGYYY!" films.

...when you can turn up for any sort of lesson without having forced-fed yourself something with lots of protein.

...when your employer actually pays you every week/month for your efforts!

And it is so nice to be able to have a bottle of wine without having to think "Am I in session tomorrow"? :yes:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Imagine if we could get the showerdrain drippings from the Purif/Narconon. Every drug and toxin known to man. Would make a methlab look like Betty crocker

There's a fortune in there for somebody

Zinj