What's new

Good twin is EXcited!!!!

Good twin

Floater
I have seen those cypress trees - makes me DROOL. I like BASS, what do you fish for?

Oh yeah good idea. I'll take him to some Cypress swampy areas. Also those Royal Poincianas are cool. I have Bass in my pond. My son used to catch them and make us take photos. I prefer drift boat fishing. Catch Swordfish and Sharks and Kingfish. I also have a friend who has a dock in her back yard and you can catch Red Snapper as fast as you can bait your hook. :yes:

Wisened One

Crusader
GT and TMA: Sounds like you guys are havin' a great time! Loved the pics! Can't wait to see more! Did ya get the pics I texted to ya?

I had an AWESOME time at my son's formal wedding! :yes: :biglove: (FYI: him and his wife got married via justice of the peace over six months ago, this was their 'formal
wedding' ceremony for all the families, etc)

I did good and didn't blubber during our Mother-Son Dance :bigcry: :cloud9:

If anyone wants maybe I'll start me own Thread and show some pics...

But meanwhile...now I want donuts! And did ya get yer tatoos yet? :waiting:

Good twin

Floater
Amazing Rescue

So TMA and I were driving to the pier to see what fish might be biting. As we approached an intersection by a railroad crossing and two Interstate Highway entrances we saw lots of police cars and rescue vehicles.

I said "Oh, it looks like a bad one."

TMA said "And you know, we are the only ones who can do anything about it."

Then we both cracked up laughing. I know it was inappropriate But I would appreciate it if you all just try to be kind. We are recovering Scientologists after all and just learning to get in touch with our true feelings and beliefs. Blowing off a little steam and making jokes is a necessary part of our therapy.

So....we didn't stop to help. We drove over to the pier, and it turned out that was a good thing. If we had stopped to do the VM thing at the car accident scene we would have missed a truly amazing rescue right there on the pier!

Here's some photos of what we found when we got there........

Matt 032.jpg Matt 035.jpg

There were also some surfers........

Matt 030.jpg Matt 034.jpg Matt 033.jpg

Then at the END of the pier (which is where all the good stuff always happens) we saw this!!!!

Matt 023.jpg This Pelican isn't flying. He's caught in fishing line. The only way to free him is to reel him in and untangle his wings. If you cut the line he'll have all that line still tangling him up and impairing him. This is serious stuff.

Matt 036.jpgMatt 037.jpgMatt 038.jpgMatt 039.jpg

Finally he was free again. Matt 040.jpgMatt 024.jpg

It was a good thing we were there. We didn't help and we had no clue how to, but we took pictures of the whole thing. It was pretty cool to watch.

Then of course things went back to normal.

Matt 027.jpgMatt 026.jpg (this is NOT the same pelican)

I'll be back later..........

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would figure if the rescue workers were already at the scene of the accident, then you couldn't do anything to "help" anyway. You were correct to just leave and let the people trained to handle the situation.

Great pics. Glad they saved the pelican.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
So TMA and I were driving to the pier to see what fish might be biting. As we approached an intersection by a railroad crossing and two Interstate Highway entrances we saw lots of police cars and rescue vehicles.

I said "Oh, it looks like a bad one."

TMA said "And you know, we are the only ones who can do anything about it." <snip>
Well, you have to be in good standing with the 'Church' to be the only ones able to really help.. Since you're not it's like everybody else.. When you drive past, you drive past, pfftuuii.. pfffhtt! - coz you don't know shit and and is misrabble SP's who's like disgruntled former spouses!!

So you saved a pelican? - Did you notice that even he didn't want to talk to you!? - He got the hell away from you as fast as he could!

:yes:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I was once driving down the freeway and saw a lady pulled over at the side of the freeway, just slumped over and hanging halfway out the door. I did a double take, turned back around and called 911. I told people at work which, I may add, was NOT a Scn company AT ALL. Nobody there was a Scn'ist 'cept me (as I was then) , AFAIK. And a couple people said "I'd have gone and helped her." and I told them, "What if I got there and there was nothing I could do and then that wasted time could have been used to call the paramedics?" See, I did believe in touch assists- still do, to an extent. But they are said to speed and promote healing. They are not a substitute for medical care. Even Scn literature says that. But yeah, church members put a lot of emphasis on touch assists and act like they're trying to heal people. They seem to have great distrust of the medical profession and, thus, it all gets pretty contradictory. Imagine thinking that (if one's a Scn'ist) that one is the only person who can help the accident victim and then the person gets there and-- what??-- goes "feel my finger?" I mean, come on. That's ridiculous. But yeah, they actually think that.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Imagine thinking that (if one's a Scn'ist) that one is the only person who can help the accident victim and then the person gets there and-- what??-- goes "feel my finger?" I mean, come on. That's ridiculous. But yeah, they actually think that.

I once was walking in to Saint Hill at midday after nightwatch duty (weird schedule). It had been snowing and the roads were slippy. A woman had crashed her car, probably at 5 mph or something. It wasn't really in the middle of nowhere, but it was a minor country road with maybe one car an hour on it. There was no obvious damage to her or the car, but she was just kinda glazed. I spoke with her a bit and then gave her a locational for ten minutes, and she came to life and got up to driving again.

It's the only time I ever did that to a stranger, although I often hold doors open for strangers and things like that. I don't think I would do anything much different today in the same situation.

Paul

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I once was walking in to Saint Hill at midday after nightwatch duty (weird schedule). It had been snowing and the roads were slippy. A woman had crashed her car, probably at 5 mph or something. It wasn't really in the middle of nowhere, but it was a minor country road with maybe one car an hour on it. There was no obvious damage to her or the car, but she was just kinda glazed. I spoke with her a bit and then gave her a locational for ten minutes, and she came to life and got up to driving again.

It's the only time I ever did that to a stranger, although I often hold doors open for strangers and things like that. I don't think I would do anything much different today in the same situation.

Paul

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing that. :)

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
WUT!? - I made a completely outrageous post on page 5 of this thread.. Yet nobody's outraged! - I must be losing my touch...

:nervous:

Good twin

Floater
Well, you have to be in good standing with the 'Church' to be the only ones able to really help.. Since you're not it's like everybody else.. When you drive past, you drive past, pfftuuii.. pfffhtt! - coz you don't know shit and and is misrabble SP's who's like disgruntled former spouses!!

So you saved a pelican? - Did you notice that even he didn't want to talk to you!? - He got the hell away from you as fast as he could!

:yes:

Well Schwimmy, as far as I know I am still in good standing with the cult. I did the Minister's Course and the Sunday Service Course and I supervised the Volunteer Minister's Course. I also was in charge of the Volunteer Ministers in South Florida after one of those hurricanes we had a few years back. I am also proud to be a disgruntled former spouse (times two).

WE DIDN'T SAVE THE PELICAN. We watched. Obviously our presence was what guided the rescuers and the pathetic animal on a spiritual level.

CONSIDER YOUR COMPLETELY OUTRAGEOUS POST ACKNOWLEDGED!
:smoochy:

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
Wonderful thread, GT.:thumbsup:

A lot of fun was had by all.

Hugs and :smoochy:

24vqnbt.jpg

Good twin

Floater
Well, TMA went home yesterday. It was fun hanging out with him. I can't wait to meet each and every one of you. It is my new purpose to meet as many exes as possible.

Today I realized that I don't know what other people do when they find a lizard in thier slippers. Then I realized maybe most people don't live with lizards and don't really have a standard reaction to lizard invasion. So, today I was moving some laundry from the washer to the dryer and I noticed a lizard on one of my bedroom slippers. What would you do?