What's new

Good twin is EXcited!!!!

Good twin

Floater
I'd shriek in fear :omg: ! What's that on my feet?! I don't own slippers. :unsure:

Well, I wasn't wearing the slippers at the time. I suppose shrieking would be appropriate, but doesn't really have much of an effect on the lizard.

What would you do next? (anyone can answer)

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, I wasn't wearing the slippers at the time. I suppose shrieking would be appropriate, but doesn't really have much of an effect on the lizard.

I can't believe after all the years you've lived in FL, that you're freaked out by a lizard.

I miss the lizards. I get so excited when I see one in TX. :happydance:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron

Foment rebellion, dammit!

Good twin

Floater
I can't believe after all the years you've lived in FL, that you're freaked out by a lizard.

I miss the lizards. I get so excited when I see one in TX. :happydance:

I didn't get freaked out Kat. I said it would be appropriate for Mac to shriek. Actually I touched it to see if it was alive. (it was) Then I tried to keep it still by moving very slowly. I didn't want the cat or the dog to find it and "play with it". I just acted as normal as possible while the lizard had a chance to scurry off and not get eaten or played with.

Was just wonderin what other people would do.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't get freaked out Kat. I said it would be appropriate for Mac to shriek. Actually I touched it to see if it was alive. (it was) Then I tried to keep it still by moving very slowly. I didn't want the cat or the dog to find it and "play with it". I just acted as normal as possible while the lizard had a chance to scurry off and not get eaten or played with.

Was just wonderin what other people would do.

Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you "freaked out".

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Boys don't shriek!!! :wink2:

Yes they do. You've never heard my hubby when he's seen a spider. LOL!!! It's bad. I was in the garage having a smoke while gabbing on the phone one night and the person I was talking to heard him. I had to run in the house and make sure he was OK. He braved it and killed the spider all by himself.

And the rest of the time, he's a very manly man. Just not where spiders are concerned tho.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
When I was 8 I hopped over the fence every day to play in my boyfriend's yard, and one day I hopped over the fence and landed right on his lizard that I didn't know was there. He picked up this limp little lizard body with a string wrapped around it, and asked me to leave his yard and wouldn't speak to me for four days.

Good twin

Floater
When I was 8 I hopped over the fence every day to play in my boyfriend's yard, and one day I hopped over the fence and landed right on his lizard that I didn't know was there. He picked up this limp little lizard body with a string wrapped around it, and asked me to leave his yard and wouldn't speak to me for four days.

And you learned an important life lesson from that experience. Didn't you? Shall I sum it up for you?

"Never leave your boyfriend with a limp lizard."​

It seems so obvious. Actually it was good to find this out at 8. It's much more difficult if you find out AFTER puberty. :yes:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
And you learned an important life lesson from that experience. Didn't you? Shall I sum it up for you?

"Never leave your boyfriend with a limp lizard."​

It seems so obvious. Actually it was good to find this out at 8. It's much more difficult if you find out AFTER puberty. :yes:

Isn't it supposed to be limp afterwards? If you leave your boyfriend with an unlimp lizard, haven't you not done your job correctly? :confused2:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Yes they do. You've never heard my hubby when he's seen a spider. LOL!!! It's bad. I was in the garage having a smoke while gabbing on the phone one night and the person I was talking to heard him. I had to run in the house and make sure he was OK. He braved it and killed the spider all by himself.

And the rest of the time, he's a very manly man. Just not where spiders are concerned tho.

Now, see, this just seems sooo wrong to me. They should suffer in manly silence. :wink2::coolwink::thumbsup:

Wisened One

Crusader
I personally loved the chameleons and would go out of my way to pet one/pick them up if I saw them.

Now what always made me shriek while living in Fla was those HUGE flying Palmetto Bugs (huge flying cockroaches!! :omg: :nervous:)

But large nasty-looking spiders will do it to me every time, too! We had a huge
Black Widow spider at our previous home and it made me wanna MOVE OUT right then and there, lol!!

Good twin

Floater
Tomorrow is the last day of my vacation. I don't know what to do. It seems like I should do something to finish my vacation properly.

I didn't get a tattoo. TMA really wasn't into it. I told him if he got the tattoo that said "neXus", I would get one that said "Matski". Luckily for both of us it didn't fly. I'm thinking maybe I'll just enjoy having what I have and being where I am. I'll feed the pets (including the lizard), turn up the music, sunbathe on the patio, play on the computer and just be happy to be free.

You know tomorrow is Easter. In many ways it's a very Exey holiday. It's about rebirth. It's about freedom from bondage. It's about spiritual growth. Easter promises that the darkest hour is before the dawn. Tomorrow is Dawn.

Happy Easter my reborn homo sap friends. We are now becoming free from the insidious layers of cultish conditioning, newly finding our footing and rediscovering who we are as individuals. We are still learning how to trust and believe. We have a second chance at real life. There must be a God.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Now, see, this just seems sooo wrong to me. They should suffer in manly silence. :wink2::coolwink::thumbsup:

Well, I sort of agree with you Fluffy. But a fear is a fear and a person will react accordingly.

Hell, you don't even want to hear me if I see a snake. I'm sure anybody within a mile or two of me can hear me scream when I see a snake.